The (further) development of sports surfaces is of great value to the sport. There are many aspects play a role in this development: requirements of the athlete, new insights, athlete and surface interactions, material availability, cost, environmental friendliness, sustainability, etc.
Happy Feet aims to continual innovation of sport floors.
In order to do these will be continually working with various suppliers of materials, testing institutes, researchers, athletes, sports federations, municipalities, associations and managers of sports fields.
With many years of innovation experience, knowledge and skills and with the network Happy Feet will bring the innovation in sports flooring forward.
Currently we are working on innovation of sports flooring:
- Water storage in sports fields;
- Extremely lightweight (to) build sports fields;
- Stabilize top layers of non grass fields (sand fields);
- Tennis: developing a vastly improved gravel (-like) tennis court;
- Foundation (artificial turf) pitches.
Results of recent times:
- Football (artificial): rubber free soccer construction according to the requirement of the Dutch soccer federation (no rubber foundation and no rubber infill): Pilot is built in Amsterdam;
- Hockey (turf): free hockey rubber construction for fully and partially filled artificial grass hockey sand inclusions and structures for water fields (wet): All systems are developed and certified FIH. For the wet system on foam (Proplay-sport17) several fields has been build recently;
- Netball (artificial): rubber free netball construction: system is developed, certified and build.